Hi! I’m Elizabeth, also known as The Wild Olive.
In case you are wondering where that monicker came from, it’s from Romans 11:17
What can you expect to find here?
- I am a passionate home cook. I love creating new recipes, learning and developing new techniques in the kitchen, and exploring food and drink trends. I will be sharing my recipes, tips and tricks as well as cookbooks, products and equipment I use and love.
- I am a passionate follower of Jesus and student of the Bible. I have a Masters in Biblical Studies, and I am happiest in the Word, doing life together with other women. I will be sharing articles and shorter, devotional style posts exploring various Scriptures and Christian doctrines and how we can apply them to our lives.
- I am a relentless learner and “trier of new things.” I will also occasionally be sharing books I find impactful, products I am psyched about, travel tips, etc. I am a writer and a teacher by heart – when I learn something new, I’m not content till I’ve passed it on!
While I’ve been sporadically blogging for years at my free WordPress.com site, I am new to this whole self-hosted, serious website thing. What I have learned so far about blogging, site development, graphic design, etc., has been mind blowing. I know I have a ton more to learn. I have been waiting for “the perfect moment” when I have everything perfectly figured out. But I’m not perfect and blogging is a swiftly moving target. I finally realized there is no such thing as “the perfect moment,” and I just need to make the leap into the great big “out there”. So January 18, 2019 is it, launch day.
My Promise to you:
- I will never take lightly the gift of your time spent reading what I share. My goal for every post, every email, every page is to share information that solves a problem you have, answers a question you have, improves your life in some way, or maybe just makes you laugh.
- I will never promote anything I don’t love, use and believe in wholeheartedly. If I mention a product, book, website or expert I follow, it is something I believe would benefit you as well.
- I am a work in progress and this blog is a work in progress. There will be mistakes. There will be technical glitches. But I also hope this will be a place where you feel welcome and at home. A place where you learn new things, where you feel encouraged and valued.
Thanks for joining me on this adventure!